Ibrahimovic injury not as bad as initially feared
Zlatan Ibrahimovic sustained an injury during training on Monday, but Milan have calmed fears it was a serious Achilles tendon problem.
Milan have allayed fears Zlatan Ibrahimovic suffered a serious Achilles injury in training on Monday, confirming after scans the tendon is "perfectly intact".
Ibrahimovic hurt the lower part of his right leg during a training match at the start of the week, leading to reports of a severe issue.
Media publications claimed the 38-year-old Swede had endured a major injury to his Achilles, potentially putting his career in doubt.
It had been suggested Ibrahimovic would miss the rest of the Serie A season, which is due to resume in June following the coronavirus-enforced suspension.
But following tests on Tuesday the fears were put to rest, with the striker set for an initial 10 days of rest before another examination on his calf.
A club statement read: "Milan announces that Zlatan Ibrahimovic has sustained an injury to his right soleus muscle during yesterday's training session.
"The Achilles tendon is perfectly intact. The player will undergo a scan in 10 days."
Ibrahimovic agreed to re-join Milan, whom he spent two years with earlier in his career, in December after leaving MLS franchise LA Galaxy. He has scored three goals in eight Serie A appearances this season.
Te recomendamos en English
- GAMING Where to buy PS5 at Black Friday: restock times and deals at Walmart, GameStop, Kohls, Best Buy, Target, Amazon
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Stimulus check: what to do if the deadline has passed?
- THANKSGIVING Bank opening hours on Thanksgiving 2020: Bank of America, Citi, Wells Fargo, JP Morgan, Goldman Sachs
- US NEWS How to cook turkey - recipes for Thanksgiving: time, temperature in oven, seasoning...
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Second stimulus check: why are economists calling for a new payment?
- Thanksgiving Stores opening hours in Thanksgiving 2020: Walmart, Target, Costco...
- BARCELONA Two USMNT players make history with Barcelona in Champions League
- BARCELONA Jordi Alba predicts USMNT's Dest to become Barcelona star
- BARCELONA Koeman says nothing behind 'happy' Griezmann not starting in against Kiev
- Champions League Real Madrid's San Siro woe, Lewandowski targets Raul
- FIFA Best Awards Ronaldo, Messi, Neymar, Mbappé among FIFA 2020 Best candidates
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Inter Milan vs Real Madrid: preview, team news, predicted XIs
- US NEWS Black Friday 2020: when does it start and finish?