Leganés extend next year's season tickets free of charge
Madrid has been hit hard during the coronavirus pandemic, so Leganés have given season-ticket holders a free extension for 2020-21.
Leganés have renewed 2019-20 season tickets for the entirety of the next campaign for free due to the effects of the coronavirus pandemic.
LaLiga has been suspended since March but has been given the green light to return from the week commencing June 8, though all games will be played behind closed doors.
Leganés are based in Madrid, which has seen more than 67,000 cases of COVID-19 and just shy of 9,000 deaths as a result.
Due to the impact of the virus, Leganés have made all 2019-20 season tickets valid for 2020-21 in addition.
"Given the impossibility of playing the remaining matches of the 2019-20 season with open doors due to the effects of COVID-19, Leganés will compensate its subscribers by validating the current subscriptions for LaLiga matches of the 2020-21 campaign," read a club statement.
"The club, aware of the social reality that our city is experiencing, one of the hardest hit in all of Spain in terms of the level of deceased and infected ... wants, in this way, to be sensitive with all its existing season-ticket holders."
Getafe, who are also based in Madrid, made their season tickets for this campaign valid for the entirety of 2020-21 too. Espanyol have also offered free season tickets to their current holders also.
Leganés sit 19th in LaLiga, three points adrift of safety with 11 games remaining.
Te recomendamos en English
- Coronavirus USA coronavirus live: Trump, stimulus checks, cases, deaths, updates today
- Coronavirus stimulus checks Second stimulus check update: US coronavirus relief bill
- UFC UFC 254: Emotional Khabib announces retirement after beating Gaethje
- US Election 2020 Early voting in Florida: when will it end and where can I vote?
- Halloween What's the origin, meaning and history of Halloween?
- BARCELONA-REAL MADRID Real Madrid edge ahead of Barcelona in historical rivalry