Reinier: Zidane hands Brazilian teenager first-team status
AS understands the Real Madrid manager has called up the Brazilian to the first team for training now that Castilla's season is over and he may get Liga action.
Real Madrid have entered phase two of the club’s coronavirus protocol-based return to training ahead of the restart of the 2019-20 LaLiga campaign with group sessions and AS understands that Zinedine Zidane has called up Brazilian teenager Reinier to the first team for the remainder of the season.
Real Madrid Castilla’s season is over as Raúl’s reserve side did not reach the playoffs and Zidane is looking ahead to the Liga run-in when squads will be increased to 23 players and managers permitted to make five substitutions per game to lessen the toll of the Covid-19 layoff on players. The 18-year-old was at Valdebebas on Tuesday morning to undergo a second coronavirus test after he and his Castilla teammates were originally examined on 6 May. The protocols laid out by the Spanish Health Ministry state that for a player to be cleared for training with a senior Liga squad he must undergo a second test.
Reinier, Javi Hernández in Zidane's Liga plans
Real Madrid are due to lay out what the immediate future holds for Castilla’s players this week Zidane has also promoted defender Javi Hernández to the first team squad, with Reinier expected to make the permanent jump from the reserves to the senior picture.
The Brazilian, who was signed from Flamengo in January for €35m, played three times for Castilla before the coronavirus pandemic halted the league, scoring three times and providing a glorious backheeled assist against Sanse. Now he will get his chance to show Zidane what he can do on a regular basis.
Te recomendamos en English
- NBA ALL-STAR 2021 NBA All Star: Best images from the Slam Dunk Contest
- USMNT Giovanni Reyna could miss Dortmund's clash against Sevilla
- PREMIER LEAGUE Kane on par with Henry, Liverpool worst champions ever? Premier League weekend's quirky facts
- ATLÉTICO MADRID Atlético attack Real Madrid: "They even criticise correct decisions..."
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Champions League: Juve must be patient against Porto, says Pirlo
- US NEWS Third stimulus check: what's the last step after relief bill passed by Senate?