Mbappé says he's not obsessed about winning the Ballon d'Or
Paris Saint-Germain forward Kylian Mbappé could well pick up the Ballon d'Or one day but he insists that it is not among the list o his priorities right now.
Paris Saint-Germain striker Kylian Mbappé admits that he would like to win the Ballon d'Or one day, but it is not something he is getting too obsessed about. The 21, is widely regarded as one of the world's best players and a future winner of the prestigious individual honour. But the Ballon d'Or has been dominated by Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo, who have won it 11 times between them since 2008.
Mbappé said that while it would be very nice to win such an award, he is in no rush to. "It would be nice to win, but it is not something that keeps me awake at night," the France international told The Mirror this week. "I don't think I have to win it next season or the season after. There is no time limit I have put on it. Always I will put PSG and the national team as my priority, then if personal honours come from my performances then it is a bonus."
Winning the Champions League top of Mbappé's wishlist
Still only 21, Mbappé is already a four-time Ligue 1 winner and a World Cup champion to go with numerous other honours. But he is yet to win the Champions League and it is a trophy he wants to deliver for PSG. "To keep on being successful with the national team – next season we have the European Championship and that will be our ambition to be victorious there," he explained. "It is a big ambition of mine to win the European Cup and to be a part of PSG winning their first European Cup would be very special."
Te recomendamos en English
- Coronavirus Coronavirus USA live updates: news, cases, deaths and stimulus checks, today
- Latest News What's happening between Fortnite, Apple and Google? Can I keep playing on my phone?
- Coronavirus Stimulus check: will I get another payment before 2021?
- BARCELONA 2-BAYERN 8 Bartomeu: We'll make decisions in the next few days; many had already been made
- Champions League "Shame": Pique says "I will be first to step aside" after humiliating Barcelona defeat
- MLS MLS commissioner supports players kneeling during the national anthem