Cristiano Ronaldo's goals, Lazio's unbeaten run - the best stats from the Serie A season
With Serie A set to return from June 20, we look back over the season so far and identify the best stats from those at the top end.
Serie A was given the green light to resume from June 20, making it the latest major European League to return to action during the coronavirus pandemic.
The Covid-19 crisis forced most global sport into shutdown in March, but three rounds of Bundesliga fixtures have been played – albeit behind closed doors.
It was announced on Thursday that football in Italy will return with the Coppa Italia semi-finals on June 13, with the final taking place in the week leading up to the first Serie A fixtures in three months. The Premier League is also set to get back under way from June 17.
With the rest of the 2019-20 season now firmly within sight, we look back at the best Opta stats from Italy's top-flight campaign.
- Juve have been trailing for 133 minutes in 2019-20, less time than any other team in Serie A this season.
- At home, Juve are unbeaten in their previous 34 league games (W29, D5), more than double the next best streak (Lazio's 15).
- This term, Cristiano Ronaldo equalled the record of 11 consecutive goalscoring appearances in a single Serie A season. He has also already levelled his haul of goals from 2018-19 despite making nine fewer appearances, averaging 0.95 goals per game compared to 0.68 last season.
- Among the players who made their debut in the three-points era, Ronaldo was the fastest to reach 42 goals (52 appearances) – before him the record was 58 games played (Vincenzo Montella, Andriy Shevchenko and Brazil great Ronaldo).
- Lazio are unbeaten in their previous 21 league games (W17 D4), already an all-time Serie A record for the club. Six of the seven previous teams with streaks as long as that in a single season went on to win the Scudetto (the only exception was Roma in 2009-10).
- Ciro Immobile has 27 goals in 26 games in 2019-20. Only Antonio Valentin Angelillo (29) in has managed more after 26 matchdays.
- Antonio Conte is the first Inter coach to see his team score in each of his first 19 games in all competitions.
- Inter have won nine of their 13 Serie A away games this season (D2 L2): only in the 2006-07 campaign have the Nerazzurri won more (11).
- Romelu Lukaku is one of three players to have scored at least 17 Serie A goals in their first 25 games of a debut season with Inter, emulating Giuseppe Meazza (1929-30) and Stefano Nyers (1948-49).
- Atalanta's 70 goals in this Serie A campaign already represents their second-best haul in a single season (77 in 2018-19).
- No team has scored as many as 70 goals in the first 25 matches of a single Serie A season since 1959, when Fiorentina netted 79.
- Three Atalanta players are into double-figures in terms of goals in this season: Josip Ilicic, Luis Muriel and Duvan Zapata. Only in 1949-50 and 1951-52 have the club had as many players reach 10 goals.
- Since Stefano Pioli joined Milan, they have kept the most clean sheets in Serie A (seven).
- Milan have increased their winning percentage since the turn of the year across Serie A and the Coppa Italia. It was 35 per cent in 2019, rising to 50 per cent in the new year – they also increased their goals per game from 0.9 to 1.7.
- Since his first spell at Milan (which began in August 2010), Zlatan Ibrahimovic has scored 60 goals for the Rossoneri in all competitions, more than any other player with the club in the period.
Te recomendamos en English
- Real Madrid-Atlético Madrid Carvajal hands Zidane a fresh problem for Atletico derby
- MARADONA 1960-2020 Maradona dead: updates, latest news and reactions, today
- AS / WFS Player of the Year Lewandowski: “It’s an honour to be the first winner of the AS / WFS Player of the Year”
- MARADONA 1960-2020 When Maradona met Gazza
- WFS LIVE "It's great that we can young girl's icons instead of Messi & Ronaldo"
- Coronavirus Second stimulus check: could it arrive before 2021?