LaLiga to restart on 11 June with Sevilla - Betis
Spain's National Sports Council issues a statement confirming they have reached an agreement with the Spanish FA and LaLiga for the remaining 11 matchdays to be played. Real Madrid host Eibar while Barcelona visit Mallorca.
Matches will get underway in LaLiga - suspended amidst the coronavirus pandemic - on 11 June, with the opening match the Seville derby between Sevilla and Betis. Spain's National Sports Council confirmed the news in a statement in which they said that in agreement with the Spanish FA and LaLiga the remaining 11 matchdays would be played, with the championship finishing on 19 July, always depending on the evolution of the pandemic
The statement says that in the conversations between LaLiga and the Spanish FA there were no problems in terms of fixing dates and times for the matches.
First matchday back after Covid-19 suspension
The first matchday will feature the following games:
Espanyol vs Alavés
Real Sociedad vs Osasuna
Athletic vs Atlético Madrid
Celta vs Villarreal
Leganés vs Real Valladolid
Mallorca vs Barcelona
Real Madrid vs Eibar
Valencia vs Levante UD
Granada vs Getafe
Sevilla vs Real Betis
Barcelona at the top of the table
Barça currently head the table, two points ahead of eternal rivals Real Madrid. The battle for the Champions League places is as tight as can be, with only five points between Sevilla in third and Valencia in seventh.
Te recomendamos en English
- US ELECTIONS 2020 What is a 'contingent election' and what happens if Biden-Trump vote is tied?
- UNITED STATES USA election live online: Trump - Biden, coronavirus, stimulus checks, updates, breaking news
- US Election 2020 Electoral College map: which states have the most electors?
- USA election 2020 USA election 2020: where do I vote?
- CORONAVIRUS Second stimulus check: US coronavirus relief bill update
- US NEWS Will be there Black Friday in 2020 and when could it be?