Icardi: PSG sign striker on permanent deal from Inter Milan
Paris Saint-Germain have announced the permanent signing of Mauro Icardi, who joined the Ligue 1 club last September on an initial loan deal.
Paris Saint-Germain have signed Mauro Icardi on a permanent deal from Inter Milan, it was announced on Sunday.
Icardi signs PSG contract running until 2024
The striker joined the French champions in September on a season-long loan with the option to buy.
"The 27-year-old Argentina international, who holds an Italian passport, has signed a four-year deal with the capital club until 30 June 2024," PSG said in a statement.
Mauro Icardi signs Paris Saint-Germain contract until 30 June 2024— Paris Saint-Germain (@PSG_English) May 31, 2020
Paris Saint-Germain are delighted to announce the signing of Mauro Icardi on a permanent deal, following the striker’s loan from Inter Milan during the 2019-2020 season.https://t.co/fynMzu5Uw6 pic.twitter.com/3M48PSsXHh
Meanwhile, Inter said: "The club thanks the player for the six seasons he spent with us and wishes him the best for his future professional career."
Icardi scored 12 goals in 20 Ligue 1 matches before the French season was officially concluded on 30 April, with 10 games remaining due to the Covid-19 crisis.
He has been competing for a place in the side with Uruguay striker Edinson Cavani, PSG's all-time top scorer, whose contract expires on 30 June.
Te recomendamos en English
- SERIE A Cristiano Ronaldo looking to achieve goal-scoring holy grail
- MLS MLS is back tournament changes as players test positive for coronavirus
- PREMIER LEAGUE Leicester City player ratings vs Arsenal
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus USA live updates: cases, deaths, news and stimulus checks, today
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus India live updates: cases, deaths and news, today
- ATLÉTICO Atlético Madrid's stadium finally demolished: The last days of the Vicente Calderón