Kylian Mbappé valued at 177 million euro
A study by KPMG, the multinational professional services network has placed an estimated market value on the French striker.
Real Madrid now have a reasonable idea of how much they will need to pay to secure the services of Kylian Mbappé if they want to bring the striker to the Spanish capital this summer. International company KPMG carried out a study on the impact of the Covid-19 crisis on football players' market value studying two scenarios: players involved in leagues that ceased activity (i.e Belgium, Scotland and France) and those players involved in leagues that plan to resume competition albeit with games staged behind closed doors (Italy, Spain and Germany). Value on each individual player slips by 26.5% in those postponed leagues and by just 17.7% in countries where the seasons will be completed.
KMPG place a player value of 177 million euro on Mbappé given that the French Ligue 1 season will not be concluded. This price is a drop from the 225 million euro that the striker was deemed to be worth prior to the global coronavirus pandemic. This price for Mbappé is expected to be even lower in the summer of 2021, when at that point the French striker will just have one season left on his current PSG deal.
The summer of '21
This is the scenario that Madrid seem to want to employ and bid their time for the summer of '21. In the meantime PSG maintain their quest to get the 21-year-old to put pen to paper on a contract extension with the latest talks between the player and the Ligue 1 hinting that a renewal could see the inclusion of a Real Madrid exit clause. This clause would, however see the price for the talented forward rise and not ideal for the Spanish club who are investing heavily on a major face lift for their Santiago Bernabéu stadium.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS IRS phone number: how can I talk to a real person on the helpline?
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus USA live updates: cases, deaths and stimulus checks, latest news
- US NEWS Houston close schools as Storm Beta approaches
- Hurricanes Tropical Storm Beta: why is the Greek alphabet used to name hurricanes?
- Coronavirus Second stimulus check: Democrats and Republicans look to strike deal on payment
- Coronavirus How many coronavirus cases are there in Sweden without lockdown?