Stimulus check: What is the IRS saying about those who haven’t received their payment
There are millions of Americans that are still waiting to receive their stimulus payment to help them through the coronavirus pandemic in the country.
While more than 150 million people have received their stimulus payment, there are about 20 million Americans who are still waiting to get the help they need amid the coronavirus pandemic in the U.S. The majority of people have gotten the money via direct deposit, if they did their 2018 and 2019 taxes, while the rest are getting a check worth $1,200 per individual in the mail.
The simplest reason the IRS might not be able to match you with your stimulus payment status could come down to your keyboard. If you accidentally entered a typo, the wrong address or a different name than the government has under your record, the tool may not be able to find you. This one is simple enough to correct, so try again before assuming the worst.
If you filed your taxes using popular tax preparation software, like TurboTax, H&R Block and others, like millions of people, you may run into issues, according to The Washington Post.
The IRS and Treasury departments are aware of the problems and are working on a fix, the Washington Post also said. The IRS is responsible for determining taxpayer eligibility for receiving a stimulus and, if a taxpayer is eligible, how and when the stimulus payments will be delivered to them. The IRS would be the best source for additional information related to their online stimulus tracking tools and payment details and timing.
Te recomendamos en English
- US News Covid-19 vaccine in the US live updates: FDA approves Pfizer for 12-15 year olds, side effects, Indian variant...
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: $2,000 monthly stimulus, Golden State payment tracker, Child Tax Credit...
- Serie A Champions Inter Milan have 'serious financial problems' – Zanetti
- BARCELONA Neymar: Al-Khelaifi warns Barcelona not to push for Messi reunion
- NBA LeBron James injury: how long has he been out and how many games missed?
- PREMIER LEAGUE Who is Daniel Ek, the Spotify CEO who wants to buy Arsenal?