Saúl's 'new club' tweet raises hopes for Man United fans
The Atlético Madrid player became a Trending Topic on Twitter after he tweeted about a 'new club' and promised to confirm the details in three days.
Atlético Madrid's Saúl Ñíguez created something of a storm on Sunday when he posted on both his Instagram account and Twitter profile an enigmatic message in both Spanish and English. He stated: 'I want to announce some important personal news' adding 'new club' ... I'll confirm everything in three days'.
The reaction on both platforms was instant with many Atleti fans fearing that the Elche born player was destined for a departure from the capital with keen Manchester United fans pointing out that the Spanish international had started to follow a series of players at the Old Trafford club on Instagram.
It does appear however that Atleti fans can rest easy as the post seems to be a teaser message for the player's new venture into the world of E-Sports with his current Atlético Madrid deal set to see the 25-year-old stay at the Wanda Metropolitano through to 2026.
All will be revealed later this week ....
Te recomendamos en English
- us election 2020 GSA tells Biden presidential transition can begin
- Former Barcelona and Milan midfielder Halilovic joins Championship side Birmingham City
- ATLÉTICO MADRID Trippier looking solid and settled at Atlético Madrid
- INTER MILAN-REAL MADRID Casemiro back for Inter Milan but Zidane without Benzema
- QATAR 2022 Facts about Al-Bayt stadium, the inaugural venue at Qatar 2022
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS Unemployment benefits: why could Biden sacrifice them for a covid-19 stimulus bill?