Saúl's 'new club' tweet raises hopes for Man United fans
The Atlético Madrid player became a Trending Topic on Twitter after he tweeted about a 'new club' and promised to confirm the details in three days.
Atlético Madrid's Saúl Ñíguez created something of a storm on Sunday when he posted on both his Instagram account and Twitter profile an enigmatic message in both Spanish and English. He stated: 'I want to announce some important personal news' adding 'new club' ... I'll confirm everything in three days'.
The reaction on both platforms was instant with many Atleti fans fearing that the Elche born player was destined for a departure from the capital with keen Manchester United fans pointing out that the Spanish international had started to follow a series of players at the Old Trafford club on Instagram.
It does appear however that Atleti fans can rest easy as the post seems to be a teaser message for the player's new venture into the world of E-Sports with his current Atlético Madrid deal set to see the 25-year-old stay at the Wanda Metropolitano through to 2026.
All will be revealed later this week ....
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: child tax credit date, plus up payments in third check, how to claim
- US NEWS Covid vaccine in the US live updates today: J&J vaccine recall, blood clots, Fauci statements, My Turn...
- ROYAL FAMILY Prince Philip Funeral: what happened at the Duke of Edinburgh's Windsor ceremony?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECK $600 Golden State Stimulus check: when are they being sent?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECK Third stimulus check for veterans: how to track and claim a missing payment
- MLS Carlos Vela gets mad at Bob Bradley for taking him off too early