Saúl's 'new club' tweet raises hopes for Man United fans
The Atlético Madrid player became a Trending Topic on Twitter after he tweeted about a 'new club' and promised to confirm the details in three days.
Atlético Madrid's Saúl Ñíguez created something of a storm on Sunday when he posted on both his Instagram account and Twitter profile an enigmatic message in both Spanish and English. He stated: 'I want to announce some important personal news' adding 'new club' ... I'll confirm everything in three days'.
The reaction on both platforms was instant with many Atleti fans fearing that the Elche born player was destined for a departure from the capital with keen Manchester United fans pointing out that the Spanish international had started to follow a series of players at the Old Trafford club on Instagram.
It does appear however that Atleti fans can rest easy as the post seems to be a teaser message for the player's new venture into the world of E-Sports with his current Atlético Madrid deal set to see the 25-year-old stay at the Wanda Metropolitano through to 2026.
All will be revealed later this week ....
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus USA live updates: cases, deaths, news and stimulus checks, today
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus India live updates: cases, deaths and news, today
- Coronavirus US banks business hours from 6 to 12 July: Citi, Wells Fargo, Bank of America
- CORONAVIRUS What is the bubonic plague, its symptoms and how it spreads?
- LALIGA LaLiga countdown: remaining fixtures for Real Madrid and Barcelona
- World Football Summit “The countries with the best response to Covid-19 were led by women, football should learn from that”