Ighalo extending stay with Manchester United
After scoring four goals in eight appearances, striker Odion Ighalo's stay at Manchester United has been extended.
Manchester United have struck a deal to extend Odion Ighalo's loan move from Shanghai Shenhua until January 2021.
Ighalo extends stay at Old Trafford
Ighalo joined United in January, going on to score four goals in eight appearances in all competitions prior to the suspension of the season due to the coronavirus crisis.
The Nigeria international had only been due to stay until 31 May, yet United have now agreed to keep him at Old Trafford until 31 January next year.
Former Watford striker Ighalo – who supported United as a boy – has not yet started in the Premier League, but he has netted in each of his starts in the Europa League and FA Cup.
Speaking on MUTV last week, United boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer said he was hopeful of securing a deal for the 30-year-old.
"The loan deal went until the end of May now, so obviously he's supposed to be going back," Solskjaer said.
"We're in dialogue. They've been great towards us, his club, and allowed him to play for his dream club.
"It's been a dream for him and hopefully he can finish off what he started, hopefully with a trophy for us."
The Premier League season is due to restart on 17 June, with teams having returned to contact training last week.
Te recomendamos en English
- SERIE A Cristiano Ronaldo looking to achieve goal-scoring holy grail
- MLS MLS is back tournament changes as players test positive for coronavirus
- PREMIER LEAGUE Leicester City player ratings vs Arsenal
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus USA live updates: cases, deaths, news and stimulus checks, today
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus India live updates: cases, deaths and news, today
- ATLÉTICO Atlético Madrid's stadium finally demolished: The last days of the Vicente Calderón