Barcelona: Coutinho is hoping to return to the Premier League, says agent
After struggling to lock down a regular place at Barcelona and spending a season on loan at Bayern Munich, Philippe Coutinho could return to the Premier League.
Philippe Coutinho hopes to return to the Premier League at some point in the future, his agent Kia Joorabchian said today. Coutinho was a star at Liverpool, yet failed to establish himself at Barcelona following a €145million move in January 2018.
The Brazil international subsequently joined Bayern Munich on loan in August 2019 and has scored eight goals in 22 Bundesliga appearances. With Coutinho out injured, it does not seem likely that Bayern will be extending his stay after electing not to take up a €120m purchase option, with a host of Premier League clubs, including Tottenham, Arsenal and Chelsea reportedly interested. Joorabchian, who also represents Coutinho's compatriots David Luiz and Willian, has now confirmed the 27-year-old has set a return to England in his sights.
"He has a desire to come back to the Premier League at some point," the agent told Sky Sports. "It may not happen this year, it may happen this year but we don't know. We really have not discussed anything for now."
However, Joorabchian insisted talks of Barcelona putting a 70 million euro price tag on Coutinho, or asking for a 10 million euro loan fee, are wide of the mark. "I've never heard those figures, we've never discussed numbers, none of those figures have ever been discussed," he added.
Te recomendamos en English
- Serie A Mancini: Balotelli should be playing for Italy
- Football Covid-19: Raja announce four more players have recovered
- Barcelona Camp Nou candidate Font wants Guardiola and Messi reunion
- QATAR STARS LEAGUE Xavi's Al Sadd show attacking potency with 20 goals in five games
- BARCELONA Champions League: Barcelona "could have scored eight" against Juventus
- US NEWS US elections: What's Biden's plan to deal with coronavirus?