Raúl cited as potential candidate for the Schalke 04 bench
German outlet Sport Bild maintain that a "a return for Raúl is not out of the question" with the current Real Madrid Castilla coach highly admired at the German side.
The current poor vein of form from Schalke has raised doubts about the future of David Wagner on the bench at the Gelsenkirchen club. Schalke have lost four out four games since the Bundesliga resumed and have only managed four points from a possible 33 in the past 11 games.
As speculation grows on the future of Wagner, German sports outlet Sport Bild maintain that a return for Raúl is not out of the question with the current Castilla boss widely admired at the Bundesliga side.
Along with Raúl, other names that have been linked with a place on the bench are Ralf Rangnick, Ralph Hasenhüttl (currently with Southampton) and PSV boss Roger Schmidt. Schalke sporting director Jochen Schneider has offered his support for Wagner's continuity with Die Knappe despite ongoing speculation about the position.
42-year-old Raúl started coaching with Real Madrid youth teams before taking over with Segunda B side Real Madrid Castilla this season. The 'B' team enjoyed a mixed season winning ten games, losing eight and tying ten.
Te recomendamos en English
- NASCAR CUP SERIES Who is Jimmie Johnson, the NASCAR driver who tested positive for coronavirus?
- USA | July 4th How old is America on July 4th 2020 and what was its population when founded?
- LALIGA Villarreal vs Barcelona: how and where to watch - times, TV...
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Champions League: Bayern, Man City clear favourites, says Klopp
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus USA live updates: cases, deaths, news and stimulus checks, today, July 5th
- NASCAR NASCAR: Which cars will have ‘Trump 2020’ on the hood?