Griezmann says he will finish his career in the MLS
In an interview with the Los Angeles Times, Griezmann outlined the plans for the rest of time at Barcelona, with France and he says he wants to finish his career in the MLS.
Antoine Griezmann is very clear about his ambitions. He wants to be a success at Barcelona and then move to America to play in MLS but hasn't decided which club he will move to yet. In an article in the Los Angeles Times, the French striker says he wants to finish his career stateside.
“Winning La Liga and the Champions League with Barca would be a dream, and also my objective,” he said in Spanish. “After that winning whatever comes. There’s another World Cup so the World Cup in Qatar. And after that MLS."
“I don’t know with which team, but I really want to play there. For me it’s an objective to end my career in the United States with the possibility of playing well and being a big part of the team and fighting for a title.”
Griezmann's love for basketball is widely known. He frequently travels to games in New York to watch his beloved Knicks when he gets the chance and he has said in the past that the reason he wants to move to the US is because nobody knows him there.
Barcelona return to action on 13 June against Mallorca in LaLiga. Griezmann says it will be strange to play without fans but says he has had the chance to spend more time with his kids during lockdown.
Te recomendamos en English
- Coronavirus Coronavirus USA live updates: news, cases, deaths and stimulus checks, today
- METEOR SHOWER Perseid Meteor Shower: watch and follow live online
- Coronavirus India posts record single-day recoveries since the pandemic started
- US ELECTION Did Kamala Harris call Joe Biden racist as Trump campaign claims?
- BARCELONA Griezmann confident Barcelona will reach Champions League final
- PSG Neymar and Mbappé will stay at PSG, Al-Khelaifi confirms