Barcelona: Messi seen sprinting as Blaugrana train at Camp Nou
As Barcelona prepare to resume their LaLiga campaign, Lionel Messi has been struggling with a thigh injury but appears to be on track in his recovery.
Barcelona's Lionel Messi was pictured sprinting as he trained at the Camp Nou on Saturday, just a week before Quique Setién's men are due to resume their LaLiga campaign.
Messi seemingly making progress in recovery from thigh injury
The Catalans confirmed this week that Messi has a quadriceps injury and cannot train as normal with the rest of the first-team squad.
The Barça captain continued to work separately on Saturday but photographs released by the club indicate his recovery is on track.
The league leaders return to action against Real Mallorca on 13 June in their first game since the season was suspended in March due to the coronavirus pandemic.
Semedo also trains individually
Nelson Semedo also trained away from the squad as the full-back works on fitness problems of his own.
Barcelona boss bids to get team used to empty Camp Nou
Barça trained at the Camp Nou as head coach Setién is keen for his players to get used to playing inside an empty stadium.
All LaLiga matches are to be held behind closed doors for the foreseeable future in order to limit the risk of spreading Covid-19.
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid open to offers for Raphaël Varane
- Inter Milan Lautaro: "Barcelona is in the past, I’m staying at Inter"
- GOLF Tiger Woods "in good spirits" in hospital after follow-up procedures
- NBA LeBron James hits back at 'hypocrite' Ibrahimovic: "I'll never shut up about things that are wrong"
- NBA LeBron helps Lakers snap losing streak, Butler stars for Heat
- US NEWS Third stimulus check updates today: when it's coming, $1400 payments, $1.9 trillion bill passed | Live