Kai Havertz: Bayer Leverkusen still hope to keep Real Madrid, Barcelona, Liverpool target
Leverkusen remain hopeful of keeping Kai Havertz beyond 2019-20 amid interest from Barça and Real Madrid, particularly given their high asking price.
Bayer Leverkusen hope to keep Kai Havertz for next season and are not prepared to let him leave for Bayern Munich, Real Madrid, Barcelona or Liverpool for a cut-price fee.
The 20-year-old has developed into one of the Bundesliga's brightest talents and has been linked with a host of top clubs.
Speculation persists that the player will look to leave when the 2019-20 season comes to an end, but Leverkusen sporting director Simon Rolfes is optimistic of keeping their star man for another year.
He also warned prospective bidders that Leverkusen will demand a huge fee despite the economic uncertainty brought on by the coronavirus pandemic, with the club said to value Havertz at €100million.
Leverkusen in talks with Havertz
"We have hope and we'd like him to play with us again next season," Rolfes told Sport1. "We're in good talks with Kai, open and trusting, even if there's always a lot of speculation.
"For Kai, the only thing that counts is to concentrate on the sporting side. The price for absolute top players remains high."
Havertz has 11 goals and five assists from 26 Bundesliga appearances this season.
He was forced to miss the 4-2 defeat to Bayern on Saturday due to muscular problems, a result that leaves Leverkusen fifth in the table but just three points behind third-place RB Leipzig with four games remaining.
Te recomendamos en English
- FORTNITE Predator in Fortnite: where to find and how to get his skin in Season 5
- US NEWS What executive orders did Joe Biden sign on his first day as President?
- US News What did Biden say about Trump's Oval Office letter?
- US News Bernie’s mittens, Ella’s diamond coat and plenty of purple: inauguration wardrobe hits
- REAL MADRID What are Zidane's worst defeats since he signed at Real Madrid?
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid player ratings vs Alcoyano