Gareth Bale back in training and ready for Eibar test
The Welsh player sat out Saturday's practice game as a precautionary measure but trained with the rest of the squad and will be available for the Eibar game.
Gareth Bale is available for a starting role in Zidane's fist team selection as LaLiga returns after a three month hiatus enforced by the Covid-19 pandemic. The Welsh striker played no role in last Saturday's practice game but this was simply a precautionary measure and today the striker completed in full training with the rest of the first team squad and will be available for selection ahead of the Sunday comeback against Eibar.
In today's session Bale battled for loose balls and was paired up in attack versus defence drills with Varanne. Both Nacho (who appears to miss the next two/three weeks of action) and Serbian striker Jovic were the key absentees from the session as the LaLiga return looms
With no official friendly games possible given the nature of the return from the pandemic, Saturday's practice game is as close as Zidane will get to see his men in action ahead of the game on Sunday. It was deemed that the Cardiff born striker should skip the match with the decision a mutual agreement between player and Real Madrid backroom staff who want to ensure Bale is ready for a demanding few weeks with games coming think and fast as LaLiga endeavour to conclude the season by the end of July.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus USA live updates: cases, deaths and stimulus checks, latest news
- Coronavirus Stimulus check: when is the deadline to register for non-filers?
- US ELECTIONS US elections 2020: Can I vote by mail without an excuse?
- PREMIER LEAGUE Mourinho: Tottenham still "trying" to sign players
- REAL MADRID Zidane on Bale, Hazard, Odegaard, Betis, new signings...
- LIVERPOOL Klopp happy to support EFL clubs: “People in a better position should help others”