Bayern Munich see off Frankfurt to book place in German Cup final
Bayern Munich remain on course for a domestic double after beating Eintracht Frankfurt 2-1 on Wednesday to reach the DFB-Pokal German Cup final.
Cup holders Bayern Munich remained on course for a domestic double after beating Eintracht Frankfurt 2-1 on Wednesday to reach the DFB-Pokal German Cup final for the third straight year. They will now play Bayer Leverkusen, who cruised past fourth tier Saarbruecken 3-0 on Tuesday, in the final in Berlin on 4 July.
Bayern eyeing league and Cup double
Bayern, who have all but secured the Bundesliga title and are chasing a 20th German Cup crown, were unstoppable in the first half and an unmarked Ivan Perisic headed in a Thomas Müller cross for the lead in the 14th minute. They should have scored several more with Perisic, Kingsley Coman and Robert Lewandowski repeatedly going close as the visitors were completely outclassed in the first half.
Thanks guys, you put up a great fight 💪🤝 https://t.co/6RDMDZ4kbP— FC Bayern English (@FCBayernEN) June 10, 2020
Frankfurt, who beat Bayern in the 2018 final, came out transformed after the break and snatched an equaliser through substitute Danny da Costa in the 69th. Yet Lewandowski scored the winner five minutes later with Bayern's only real chance in the second half after confusion in the Frankfurt box and following a VAR review.
Te recomendamos en English
- TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR Mason to take charge of Spurs until end of season
- FOOTBALL FIFA and Infantino 'strongly disapprove' of breakaway competition
- NBA Heat Check: Curry serves up points aplenty, Herro goes cold in Miami
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: child tax credit date, plus up payments in third check, how to claim
- ALFREDO RELAÑO UEFA and the European Super League bare their teeth
- FOOTBALL Bayern Munich eye France midfielder Camavinga