Football transfer market: Liverpool lead Sancho race
Liverpool are reportedly favourites to sign Borussia Dortmund's Jadon Sancho, while Manchester United are eyeing Lazio's Immobile
Borussia Dortmund's Jadon Sancho's future could be resolved sooner rather than later as rumours heat up over the forward.
Liverpool keen on Sancho
The England international is tipped to return to his homeland after leaving Manchester City for Borussia Dortmund in 2017, with Premier League leaders Liverpool reportedly at the front of the queue for the 20-year-old attacker.
Reds in pole position for Sancho
Liverpool are leading the race to sign Borussia Dortmund star Jadon Sancho, according to Le10 Sport.
Sancho is a player in demand, the former Manchester City youngster being linked with a return to England via any of Manchester United, Chelsea and Liverpool.
Real Madrid are also reportedly interested, but Jurgen Klopp's Liverpool appear to be favourites to land the England international if Sadio Mane leaves Anfield.
Transfer rumour round-up
- Calciomercato claims United are considering a move for Lazio striker Ciro Immobile. The Italy international has scored a Serie A-high 27 goals this season amid links to Liverpool and Napoli.
- Chelsea are not close to reaching an agreement over Bayer Leverkusen star Kai Havertz, says The Athletic. Chelsea have emerged as favourites to sign Havertz, who is also reportedly wanted by United, Liverpool, Madrid and Barcelona. But Chelsea – who are set to bring RB Leipzig's Timo Werner to Stamford Bridge – are apparently nowhere near matching Leverkusen's asking price.
- The Independent reports Dortmund are set to beat United to Birmingham City teenager Jude Bellingham. The 16-year-old is coveted by Dortmund and United, however, the Bundesliga side are viewed as the more attractive option to give the wonderkid game time.
- Could Dries Mertens leave Napoli for Barcelona? Mertens' contract is set to expire, though the Belgium forward has been tipped to sign an extension. Het Nieuwsblad says Barca could turn to the Napoli star if they are unable to prise Lautaro Martinez from Inter.
- Chelsea believe Champions League football will convince Leicester City's Ben Chilwell to snub Manchester City for the London club, according to the Daily Mail. Chelsea have been linked to another full-back – France Football claims the Blues are eyeing Paris Saint-Germain's Layvin Kurzawa, who is available on a free transfer and wanted by the likes of Atletico Madrid, Juventus and Inter.
- Tuttosport says Inter are targeting Nice centre-back Malang Sarr. The 21-year-old has also been linked to Pep Guardiola's City.
Dortmund have successfully made themselves *the* perfect option for talented under-21s. They're guaranteed football and development. The move that makes the most sensehttps://t.co/eKznyYc3pg— Miguel Delaney (@MiguelDelaney) June 12, 2020
- According to The Telegraph, Barca are prepared to pay a portion of Philippe Coutinho's wage to help the Brazilian leave Camp Nou. Tottenham and Newcastle United are possible destinations.
- Liverpool are eyeing a double transfer raid on Wolves for stars Ruben Neves and Adama Traore, says The Sun.
Te recomendamos en English
- NBA HEAT CHECK NBA: George, Middleton make moves but half-fit Harden hinders Nets
- Olympic Games Tokyo Olympics without fans a 'definite possibility' - Japan PM
- FC BARCELONA Barcelona's Laporta says Super League will still go ahead
- FOOTBALL Barcelona: Laporta out to bring Cristiano Ronaldo, Messi together
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: can it be approved in June? Tax refund, $3,600 Child Tax Credit portal...
- NBA Booker plays down first triple-double after Suns take Game 1