Liverpool set sights on Wolves pair Adama and Neves
UK press report that Jürgen Klopp's team are prepared to splash out 122 million euros on the two players, who have impressed in their meetings with the Reds.
The Premier League has yet to resume but it is looking highly likely that Liverpool will be crowned champions. That is just one of the reasons why the Merseysiders are already busy with their plans to strengthen the team for next season. Pedro Chirivella has moved on, the Spanish midfielder signed for Nantes last week - there will be more players departing and arriving over the summer.
Lallana and Shaqiri set to move on
Adam Lallana and Xherdan Shaqiri will be moving on. Others whose futures hang in the balance include Wijnaldum, Origi and Naby Keita with the Reds willing to listen to reasonable offers for all three. Offloading player who are surplus to requirements will help Liverpool get through the difficult economic times that lie ahead.
As for reinforcements, Liverpool missed out on Timo Werner but Jürgen Klopp has been impressed with Wolves pair Rubén Neves and Adama Traoré. Traoré has the pace which suits Liverpool's high velocity game and would enhance the team's wing play. Klopp has openly expressed his admiration for the Spanish player, and Liverpool have been considering several options to reinforce their attack. Bringing in Neves and Traoré however wouldn't be a cheap operation - according to the UK press, their pair would set the Reds back around 122.5 million euros.
Liverpool's new sponsors
Liverpool are one of the few English clubs who would be able to spend big in the summer transfer market. So far they have only forked out 10.4 million euros this season for Van der Berg and Minamino an next season they will have a new sponsorship deal with Nike which will give them the spending power to compete with their main rivals.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus USA live updates: news, cases, deaths and stimulus checks, today
- CORONAVIRUS $400 unemployment benefits boost: why has Trump taken executive action?
- Coronavirus Night curfew extended in East Khasi Hills until 17 August
- Coronavirus Coronavirus: who is Paul Vallone, the Democrat who says hydroxychloroquine saved his life?
- Coronavirus Trump executive orders: what will happen with student loan payments?
- BEIRUT EXPLOSION Lebanese court investigating Beirut port explosion