Liverpool set sights on Wolves pair Adama and Neves
UK press report that Jürgen Klopp's team are prepared to splash out 122 million euros on the two players, who have impressed in their meetings with the Reds.
The Premier League has yet to resume but it is looking highly likely that Liverpool will be crowned champions. That is just one of the reasons why the Merseysiders are already busy with their plans to strengthen the team for next season. Pedro Chirivella has moved on, the Spanish midfielder signed for Nantes last week - there will be more players departing and arriving over the summer.
Lallana and Shaqiri set to move on
Adam Lallana and Xherdan Shaqiri will be moving on. Others whose futures hang in the balance include Wijnaldum, Origi and Naby Keita with the Reds willing to listen to reasonable offers for all three. Offloading player who are surplus to requirements will help Liverpool get through the difficult economic times that lie ahead.
As for reinforcements, Liverpool missed out on Timo Werner but Jürgen Klopp has been impressed with Wolves pair Rubén Neves and Adama Traoré. Traoré has the pace which suits Liverpool's high velocity game and would enhance the team's wing play. Klopp has openly expressed his admiration for the Spanish player, and Liverpool have been considering several options to reinforce their attack. Bringing in Neves and Traoré however wouldn't be a cheap operation - according to the UK press, their pair would set the Reds back around 122.5 million euros.
Liverpool's new sponsors
Liverpool are one of the few English clubs who would be able to spend big in the summer transfer market. So far they have only forked out 10.4 million euros this season for Van der Berg and Minamino an next season they will have a new sponsorship deal with Nike which will give them the spending power to compete with their main rivals.
Te recomendamos en English
- UEFA | EUROPA LEAGUE Europa League 2020/21 round of 16 draw: as it happened
- PREMIER LEAGUE Liverpool: Henderson out until April after surgery on injury
- NFL NFL: Wilson hasn't demanded trade from Seattle Seahawks, says agent
- NBA NBA: Irving, Harden inspire Brooklyn Nets to eighth win in a row
- US NEWS Third stimulus check updates today: when it's coming, $1400 payments, IRS tax refund, House vote | Live
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECK Third stimulus check: what time is the vote in the House?