Real Madrid's Lucas Vázquez facing time out with calf injury
The Spanish winger is facing a couple of weeks on the sidelines during what has a season blighted by injury problems. He will miss the next four games.
Real Madrid winger Lucas Vázquez will be out of action for the next two weeks after suffering a calf muscle injury in training. The 28-year-old picked up the injury at the end of last week and sat out Sunday's 3-1 win over Eibar as Madrid made a winning return to LaLiga following the coronavirus-enforced break.
Vázquez has only started six league matches in a season blighted by injury problems, although coach Zinedine Zidane has long considered him an important part of his plans. He will miss the team's next four games - against Valencia at home on Thursday and subsequent games against Real Sociedad, Mallorca and Espanyol. He joins Nacho and Luka Jovic in the casualty room. Gareth Bale suffered twinges following the Eibar game and trained inside the gym on Monday.
Te recomendamos en English
- Tottenham 'just a pony' in Premier League title race? Lampard disagrees with Mourinho
- CYBER MONDAY Cybermonday 2020 opening hours & best deals in Kohls, Best Buy, Wayfair
- US Election Election USA 2020: why did Donald Trump pay $3 million for recount in Wisconsin?
- US News Cyber Monday 2020 opening hours and best deals in Walmart, Costco & Target
- US News Walmart, Amazon and Macy´s: Black Friday returns policies
- CORONAVIRUS Second stimulus check: latest on US coronavirus relief bill