Champions League to be decided by final eight in Lisbon
According to Sky Sports, UEFA will confirm, this Wednesday, the revised calendar for the reorganised Champions League, after its suspension due to the coronavirus.
As revealed by AS, UEFA have decided upon the calendar to finish this season's Champions League, with the plan being a 'Final Eight' to be held in Lisbon. Europe's governing body will ratify the timetable this Wednesday.
Champions League final eight 12-23 August
The Covid-19 pandemic saw the suspension of the game mid-way through the last-16 stage. Once these have been completed the final matches will be played in Lisbon from 12 to 23 August.
For the final eight the following sides have already qualified: Atlético, who went through in stunning fashion against Liverpool, PSG, Leipzig and Atalanta.
The other ties will be played as normal, with the second legs to be played at the stadium as planned. Juventus will host Lyon at the Juventus Stadium (Lyon won 1-0 in France); Barcelona will play Napoli at the Camp Nou (1-1 in San Paolo); Real Madrid head to Manchester to try and overturn the 1-2 deficit from the first leg. Bayern will host Chelsea at the Allianz Arena (3-0 in London).
Lisbon final eight dates
12-13-14-15 August: Quarter-finals
18-19 August: Semi-finals
23 August: Final
Te recomendamos en English
- US EMPLOYMENT BENEFITS $400 employment benefit: how long will it last?
- Coronavirus Putin says Russia has created first Covid-19 vaccine
- US UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFIT $400 unemployment benefits: can I work and get the extra money?
- Coronavirus USA Stimulus check: Mnuchin says an agreement could happen this week
- USA protests Police shooting leads to looting, arrests in Chicago’s busiest shopping district
- BEIRUT EXPLOSION Beirut explosion: protests, riots and latest news live from Lebanon today