Juventus: Milik would be the ideal striker partner for Cristiano Ronaldo, says Borriello
Marco Borriello thinks signing Arkadiusz Milik could help Juventus get the best out of superstar Cristiano Ronaldo with the two forming a potent pairing up front.
Cristiano Ronaldo would form a potent strike partnership with Arkadiusz Milik, if Juventus manage to sign the Napoli player, Marco Borriello believes. The Poland international's contract with Napoli, who face Juve in the Coppa Italia final tomorrow, is due to expire at the end of next season.
The 26-year-old has scored 26 goals in Serie A since the start of 2018-19, with his first two seasons at Napoli heavily disrupted by a pair of anterior cruciate ligament tears – one in either knee. With speculation over Paulo Dybala's future at Juve ongoing, Borriello, who was part of the Bianconeri side that lost the 2012 Coppa final to Napoli, believes Milik could provide the perfect foil for Ronaldo in Turin.
Milik is similar in style to Benzema
Asked how he thought the pair would work together, Borriello told Tuttosport: "Really well. Milik is a complete number nine and, if he hadn't suffered those bad injuries, he would be one of the strongest with [Gonzalo] Higuaín and [Edin] Dzeko. Arek is not just a penalty-box striker, he is one of those who scores more with shots from outside the area. For CR7, he could be a bit like what [Karim] Benzema was in his time at Real Madrid. But, trust me, these transfer rumours do not exist on the pitch. Now Milik is only thinking of Napoli."
Te recomendamos en English
- Conte banned for two games after referee rant in Udinese stalemate
- US NEWS $3,000/$3,600 child tax credit: who would be eligible?
- Coronavirus Stimulus Checks Golden State stimulus: can I apply for California check yet?
- CORONAVIRUS Does Moderna's Covid-19 vaccine work against South Africa strain?
- US NEWS When was the first stimulus check sent out and how much was it?
- US POLITICS What did Biden and Putin discuss in first presidential call?