Juventus: Milik would be the ideal striker partner for Cristiano Ronaldo, says Borriello
Marco Borriello thinks signing Arkadiusz Milik could help Juventus get the best out of superstar Cristiano Ronaldo with the two forming a potent pairing up front.
Cristiano Ronaldo would form a potent strike partnership with Arkadiusz Milik, if Juventus manage to sign the Napoli player, Marco Borriello believes. The Poland international's contract with Napoli, who face Juve in the Coppa Italia final tomorrow, is due to expire at the end of next season.
The 26-year-old has scored 26 goals in Serie A since the start of 2018-19, with his first two seasons at Napoli heavily disrupted by a pair of anterior cruciate ligament tears – one in either knee. With speculation over Paulo Dybala's future at Juve ongoing, Borriello, who was part of the Bianconeri side that lost the 2012 Coppa final to Napoli, believes Milik could provide the perfect foil for Ronaldo in Turin.
Milik is similar in style to Benzema
Asked how he thought the pair would work together, Borriello told Tuttosport: "Really well. Milik is a complete number nine and, if he hadn't suffered those bad injuries, he would be one of the strongest with [Gonzalo] Higuaín and [Edin] Dzeko. Arek is not just a penalty-box striker, he is one of those who scores more with shots from outside the area. For CR7, he could be a bit like what [Karim] Benzema was in his time at Real Madrid. But, trust me, these transfer rumours do not exist on the pitch. Now Milik is only thinking of Napoli."
Te recomendamos en English
- US EMPLOYMENT BENEFITS $400 employment benefit: how long will it last?
- Coronavirus Putin says Russia has created first Covid-19 vaccine
- US UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFIT $400 unemployment benefits: can I work and get the extra money?
- Coronavirus USA Stimulus check: Mnuchin says an agreement could happen this week
- USA protests Police shooting leads to looting, arrests in Chicago’s busiest shopping district
- BEIRUT EXPLOSION Beirut explosion: protests, riots and latest news live from Lebanon today