Guardiola wants "proper farewell" for David Silva by Man City
Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola confirmed David Silva would finish the campaign with the club.
David Silva will finish the season with Manchester City and hopefully receive a "proper farewell" later, manager Pep Guardiola said.
A Silva lining for David
Silva was coming out of contract at the end of June, but the playmaker will see out the campaign with City, having confirmed this season would be his last at the Etihad Stadium.
And Guardiola hopes the 34-year-old, who has been at the Premier League club since 2010, can get a proper tribute at some stage, with games resuming behind closed doors.
"Yeah, David will stay until the end of season," he told reporters ahead of City's return to action with a clash against Arsenal on Wednesday.
"He will finish the last games without people, but hopefully he and the club can organise a proper farewell in front of people.
"Big clubs become incredible clubs when they make gestures to incredible players who have been here more than a decade. Like Vincent Kompany, Joe Hart, Yaya Toure … all these players, Pablo Zabaleta. Sorry for the names I forget, but they know who they are.
"The situation is what it is, no-one wants it, David especially. The club will make an agreement with David and do what they have to do."
City have a game in hand but are 25 points adrift of Premier League leaders Liverpool.
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL Has Aaron Rodgers won a Super Bowl?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS Can I qualify for Biden's American Rescue Plan if I have already received the stimulus check?
- PREMIER LEAGUE Liverpool vs Man United: How and where to watch - times, tv, online
- US NEWS $2000 stimulus check updates today: Biden $1,400 third payment, who is eligible, dates | Live
- Martin Luther King Day 2021 Banks opening hours on Martin Luther King Jr Day: Chase, Wells Fargo, Citibank
- MARTIN LUTHER KING JR DAY Supermarkets opening hours on Martin Luther King Jr Day: Walmart, Costco, Target...