Arsenal player ratings versus Manchester City
David Luiz was sent off in the first half and gave away the penalty that put Man City up 2-0 as Arteta's man fell apart in the second half.
Leno – By far Arsenal’s best performer and can be happy with a number of first half saves before Sterling’s opener. 8/10
Bellerin - Rarely got the opportunity to venture into the city half but could have done more in possession, particularly in a youthful Arsenal line-up. 5/10
Pablo Mari – Injured in the early stages. N/A
Mustafi – Was not the most comical of Arsenal’s central defenders but did little to stem the flow of City pressure. 5/10
Tierney – Performed well in the early stages and showed an intensity that some teammates were lacking. However never looked like containing any of City’s right forwards. 5/10
Xhaka – Substituted with just minutes played due to injury. N/A
Guendouzi – Probably one of Arsenal’s best players but showed little more than enthusiasm. Needs to find a complimentary midfield partner if he is to kick on. 6/10
Aubameyang – Completely anonymous on the left wing and was never able to show any attacking threat. Looked a shadow of the striker we know. 4/10
Willock – Unable to show the talent that made Arteta pick him over Mesut Ozil, amongst others. Looks outclassed against admittedly elite opposition. 4/10
Saka – Did as well as any of Arsenal’s forwards and tracked Walker’s forays forward well. Yet to find a fixed position but shows promise. 6/10
Nketiah – Was a surprise start with Lacazette and Pepe on the bench but had little chance to show what he could do. Worked hard without the ball before being substituted. 5/10
Ceballos – Would have hoped to bring a claming influence to the midfield but with so little possession it was never a day for his ball-playing style. 5/10
Luiz – Even by his standards, this was a performance of monumental calamity. Having been dropped from the starting XI he was reluctantly called upon in the first half and was responsible for both goals, culminating in an early red card. 2/10
Lacazette – Came on fairly late but brought some presence to Arsenal’s attack, will feel he deserves a starting berth next week. 6/10
Maitland-Niles – Late substitute. N/A
Nelson - Late substitute. N/A
Te recomendamos en English
- US News Why weren’t the funds from the $3000/$3600 child tax credit sent with the stimulus check payments?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Golden State Stimulus: How to claim the extra $500 under the California Comeback Plan
- Boxing Boxing legend Mike Tyson believes that Floyd Mayweather is going to win against Logan Paul
- Coronavirus Pfizer Vaccine Approval: When and where can children 12-15 get vaccinated?
- CORONAVIRUS US How to score the Clear Health Pass covid-19 vaccine passport?
- CORONAVIRUS US Covid-19 vaccine for tourists in New York: how much and where can people get it?