Leo Messi to extend Barcelona contract until 2023
Barcelona captain Leo Messi is set to extend his contract at Camp Nou after some wrangling, raising the likelihood he will retire at the LaLiga club.
Leo Messi is reportedly set to re-sign with Barcelona after a seemingly endless wrangle with the Camp Nou board. Messi reportedly has a clause in his contract that allows him to leave at the end of the season for free but the Argentina captain has apparently agreed a deal to extend his stay at Camp Nou to 2023.
Messi to extend Barcelona stay until 2023
Messi will extend his contract at Barcelona until 2023, according to Mundo Deportivo.
The report says the forward will get to decide if he wants to leave the club before then.
Messi is enjoying another fine season with Barcelona, scoring 26 goals in 33 games in all competitions.
Rennes looking to deny Real Madrid Camavinga
- Tottenham want to hold onto their stars. The Telegraph reports chairman Daniel Levy is eager to keep Spurs' best players, including Harry Kane – who has been linked to Real Madrid – and Dele Alli and Son Heung-min.
- It remains to be seen if Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang will stay at Arsenal. CalcioMercato reports the forward – out of contract until 2021 – is open to a move to Inter, but the Gabon international is not among the Serie A club's top choices if they need to replace Lautaro Martínez, who is wanted by Barcelona.
- Real Madrid are reportedly eager to sign Rennes midfielder Eduardo Camavinga. But Sport says the Ligue 1 club are working to extend the the 17-year-old's contract, with his deal running until 2022.
- Liverpool could be set to make changes. The Sun reports Xherdan Shaqiri, Divock Origi and Dejan Lovren could make exits, while Marko Grujic and Harry Wilson may leave on permanent deals. It also says Liverpool are set to give Naby Keita one more season to prove his worth.
- Borussia Dortmund seem some way off landing Birmingham City teenager Jude Bellingham. Bild reports the Bundesliga club have offered just a little more than €20million (£17.9m) for Bellingham, who reportedly has a release clause of €35m (£31.4m).
- Empoli midfielder Samuele Ricci is reportedly catching the eye. CalcioMercato says Milan have kept an eye on the 18-year-old, while Napoli and Borussia Dortmund are also said to be interested.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021: medal winners, athletes and results, 24 July
- AMERICAN RESCUE PLAN How much money can you get from stimulus checks and the Child Tax Credit?
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: medal count, athletes and results, today 24 July
- Olympic Games Since when is skate an olympic sport and why?
- OLYMPIC GAMES What is the USA basketball roster for the 2021 Tokyo Olympic Games?
- OLYMPIC GAMES USWNT bounce back in crushing 6-1 New Zealand win