Atlético Madrid: Jan Oblak sets new LaLiga clean sheets record
Goalkeeper Jan Oblak made LaLiga history as Atlético Madrid's thrashed Osasuna 0-5 in Pamplona on Wednesday night.
Atlético Madrid's Jan Oblak entered the history books on Wednesday by becoming the fastest goalkeeper to reach a century of clean sheets in LaLiga as Simeone's team thrashed Osasuna 0-5 in Pamplona. Oblak recorded his 100th clean sheet from just 182 league appearances, beating the previous record holder - set by another Atlético keeper, Miguel Reina, who took 222 matches to reach three figures.
Oblak continues to reap success with Atleti
Oblak regarded as one of the world's best keepers and has performed to a consistently high level since joining Atlético from Benfica in 2014. The 27-year-old has won the Europa League, European Super Cup and Spanish Super Cup with Atleti and picked up a Champions League runners-up medal in 2015-16.
Atlético are currently fourth in the table, two points clear of Real Sociedad who travel to Alavés on Thursday.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Second stimulus check: could one be approved before the US election?
- PREMIER LEAGUE Manchester City close to signing Jules Koundé from Sevilla
- LALIGA Will Real Madrid, Barcelona and Atlético struggle this season?
- PREMIER LEAGUE Leicester sign Cengiz Under on loan from Roma
- EMMY AWARDS Emmy Awards 2020: times, dates and how and where to watch live online
- EMMY AWARDS Emmy Awards 2020: full list of key nominations by category