Atlético Madrid: Jan Oblak sets new LaLiga clean sheets record
Goalkeeper Jan Oblak made LaLiga history as Atlético Madrid's thrashed Osasuna 0-5 in Pamplona on Wednesday night.
Atlético Madrid's Jan Oblak entered the history books on Wednesday by becoming the fastest goalkeeper to reach a century of clean sheets in LaLiga as Simeone's team thrashed Osasuna 0-5 in Pamplona. Oblak recorded his 100th clean sheet from just 182 league appearances, beating the previous record holder - set by another Atlético keeper, Miguel Reina, who took 222 matches to reach three figures.
Oblak continues to reap success with Atleti
Oblak regarded as one of the world's best keepers and has performed to a consistently high level since joining Atlético from Benfica in 2014. The 27-year-old has won the Europa League, European Super Cup and Spanish Super Cup with Atleti and picked up a Champions League runners-up medal in 2015-16.
Atlético are currently fourth in the table, two points clear of Real Sociedad who travel to Alavés on Thursday.
Te recomendamos en English
- EURO 2020 England vs Scotland: Euro 2020 live online today
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECK Fourth stimulus check: could it be approved before July?
- US NEWS What states do not recognize Juneteenth?
- FOOTBALL Eriksen discharged from hospital following heart surgery
- REAL MADRID Ramos' former agent: "You don't mess around with Real Madrid..."
- OLYMPIC GAMES When do the 2021 Tokyo Olympic Games start?