Chelsea and Leipzig reach agreement for Timo Werner
The German striker, who had been linked with a move to Liverpool, will join Chelsea in July after seeing out the remainder of the Bundesliga season with Leipzig.
Chelsea have reached an agreement with RB Leipzig to sign striker Timo Werner, who will join the English side in July, the Premier League club announced on Thursday.
Werner to see out the season with Leipzig
Werner, 24, will remain at Leipzig until the end of the Bundesliga season and his transfer to the English side is subject to passing a medical. "I'm delighted to be signing for Chelsea, it is a very proud moment for me to be joining this great club," Werner said in a statement. "I of course want to thank RB Leipzig, the club and the fans, for four fantastic years. You will forever be in my heart. I look forward to next season with my new team mates, my new manager and of course the Chelsea fans. Together we have a very successful future ahead of us."
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Second stimulus check: why hasn't a relief package been agreed?
- ALFREDO RELAÑO Champions League: Atlético out as Simeone shoots himself in foot
- QATAR 2022 Qatar 2022: Generation Amazing targets 1m beneficiaries by World Cup
- Champions League Which of the 2019-20 favourites boast the most former winners?
- Transfer market Van de Beek happy at Ajax amid Real Madrid, Man Utd links
- MLS FC Dallas condemn death threats and racist comments sent to Reggie Cannon