Chelsea and Leipzig reach agreement for Timo Werner
The German striker, who had been linked with a move to Liverpool, will join Chelsea in July after seeing out the remainder of the Bundesliga season with Leipzig.
Chelsea have reached an agreement with RB Leipzig to sign striker Timo Werner, who will join the English side in July, the Premier League club announced on Thursday.
Werner to see out the season with Leipzig
Werner, 24, will remain at Leipzig until the end of the Bundesliga season and his transfer to the English side is subject to passing a medical. "I'm delighted to be signing for Chelsea, it is a very proud moment for me to be joining this great club," Werner said in a statement. "I of course want to thank RB Leipzig, the club and the fans, for four fantastic years. You will forever be in my heart. I look forward to next season with my new team mates, my new manager and of course the Chelsea fans. Together we have a very successful future ahead of us."
Te recomendamos en English
- MLS SJ Earthquakes' Javier 'Chofis' López struggled to adapt to MLS
- EURO 2020 Who plays today in European Championship? Wednesday 23 June: games, times, TV, schedule...
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid's candidates for a leader in the post-Ramos era
- FOOTBALL Sergio Ramos: Neymar key as PSG lead race for Real Madrid great
- NBA NBA: Bucks aim to take down Hawks in battle for the East
- NBA NBA Draft Lottery: Detroit Pistons win top pick