Real Madrid: Mariano returns to the squad list
Zidane included the striker in his 23-man list for Sunday's game at Real Sociedad. Mariano was excluded from the first two lists due to physical problems.
Mariano was the surprise inclusion in Zinedine Zidane's 23-man squad list for Real Madrid's away trip to Real Sociedad (Sunday 22:00 hours CEST). The striker, who has only featured in two LaLiga games this season (he scored in the 2-0 win in the Clásico against Barcelona at the Bernabéu in March), missed the first two games back after the break due to physical problems which stopped him from training as normal for a shirt while.
Otherwise, no major changes in the list. Nacho, Isco, Lucas Vázquez and Luka Jovic are all out injured, Castilla players Diego Altube and Javi Hernández make the squad list once again.
Mariano has only been included in three lists for Madrid's LaLiga games this season. He came on as an 89th minute sub in El Clásico and had a 21 minute run-out against Betis in Real Madrid's last game before football was postponed for the coronavirus pandemic. He was also an unused in the 1-0 defeat to Mallorca. In January, with Jovic out injured, he played in two Spanish Super Cup games - 7 minutes against Valencia and 37 minutes (including extra-time) in the final against Atlético.
Madrid squad list for Real Sociedad
Goalkeepers: Courtois, Areola and Altube.
Defenders: Carvajal, Militao, Ramos, Varane, Marcelo, Mendy and Javi Hernández.
Midfieders: Kroos, Modric, Casemiro, Valverde and James.
Forwards: Hazard, Benzema, Bale, Asensio, Brahim, Mariano, Vinicius and Rodrygo.
Te recomendamos en English
- Coronavirus Coronavirus USA live updates: news, cases, deaths and stimulus checks, today
- METEOR SHOWER Perseid Meteor Shower: watch and follow live online
- Coronavirus India posts record single-day recoveries since the pandemic started
- US ELECTION Did Kamala Harris call Joe Biden racist as Trump campaign claims?
- BARCELONA Griezmann confident Barcelona will reach Champions League final
- PSG Neymar and Mbappé will stay at PSG, Al-Khelaifi confirms