Sané to Bayern? Flick has nothing to say on Man City man's future
Manchester City's Leroy Sané intends to leave the Etihad Stadium, but Bayern boss Hansi Flick is not interested in talking about transfer targets.
Bayern Munich head coach Hansi Flick refused to be drawn on the future of Leroy Sané after it was confirmed the winger wants to leave Manchester City.
Pep Guardiola said this week Sané has made it clear he will not extend his contract and will move to a new club either this year or after his deal expires in 2021.
Bayern have long been considered the favourites to sign the Germany international, although the impact of the coronavirus crisis is likely to make significant transfer spending difficult this year.
Flick on Sané: "I don't want to say anything on that topic"
Speaking after their 3-1 Bundesliga win over Freiburg, Flick had no interest in discussing any players who may or may not move to the Allianz Arena.
"I don't want to say anything on that topic," he said. "I am here to talk about our performance today.
"I don't want to talk about the future or players that could come or leave us. We still have things we want to achieve this season. We've won the league, now the next step will be the DFB-Pokal.
"After that, there will be one big goal left [the Champions League], which we will have to work really hard for and try to get as far as we can."
Kimmich, Lewandowski give Bayern record-breaking win
Bayern secured a club-record 15th consecutive win thanks to Robert Lewandowski's double and a Joshua Kimmich goal on Saturday.
The newly crowned Bundesliga champions conclude the league season against Wolfsburg next Saturday before they face Bayer Leverkusen in the DFB-Pokal final on 4 July.
They resume Champions League duties in August with a 3-0 aggregate advantage over Chelsea in the last 16 ahead of the second leg.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: child tax credit date, plus up payments in third check, how to claim
- Unemployment Benefits Why are recipients seeing unemployment benefits cut?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Third stimulus check: how many people are still waiting for it?
- DEREK CHAUVIN TRIAL Derek Chauvin trial: can he appeal the sentence?
- SUPER LEAGUE European Super League: interview Florentino Pérez, ten clubs withdraw, reactions, UEFA, clubs
- EUROPEAN SUPER LEAGUE European Super League: Manchester Utd fans break into training ground in anti-Glazer protest