Cristiano Ronaldo tops Rui Costa as Serie A all-time Portuguese scorer
A first-half penalty against Bologna gave Juventus' Cristiano Ronaldo his 43rd goal in Serie A, taking him past the former Fiorentina and Milan midfielder.
Juventus forward Cristiano Ronaldo overtook Rui Costa to become the leading Portuguese scorer in Serie A history on Monday. Ronaldo slotted a first-half penalty down the middle in Juve's 2-0 win over Bologna, a result that saw the Bianconeri move four points clear at the top of the table.
The goal was Ronaldo's 22nd in Serie A this season, one more than the 21 he managed in his debut campaign in Turin following his move from Real Madrid in 2018.
In reaching 43 goals, the 35-year-old also moved beyond Rui Costa as the Portuguese player with the most goals in Italy's top flight.
Rui Costa spent eight years in Serie A, playing for Fiorentina and then Milan between 1994 and 2006.
Ronaldo holds Liga, Premier League and Serie A record
Former Manchester United star Ronaldo remains the top Portuguese scorer in Premier League history having scored 84 times in 196 appearances.
He is the also the leading Portuguese scorer in LaLiga history having registered 311 goals in 292 appearances for Real Madrid, where he is the all-time leading scorer.
Only Ronaldo's great personal rival Barcelona captain Leo Messi has scored more LaLiga goals.
Te recomendamos en English
- Real Madrid-Atlético Madrid Carvajal hands Zidane a fresh problem for Atletico derby
- MARADONA 1960-2020 Maradona dead: updates, latest news and reactions, today
- AS / WFS Player of the Year Lewandowski: “It’s an honour to be the first winner of the AS / WFS Player of the Year”
- MARADONA 1960-2020 When Maradona met Gazza
- WFS LIVE "It's great that we can young girl's icons instead of Messi & Ronaldo"
- Coronavirus Second stimulus check: could it arrive before 2021?