Juventus sporting director confirms talks with Barcelona
Fabio Paratici updated Juventus' pursuit of Barcelona midfielder Arthur, which could see Miralem Pjanic move in the opposite direction.
Juventus director Fabio Paratici said Arthur has to be "convinced" about swapping Barcelona for Turin after confirming negotiations with the LaLiga champions.
Paratici provided an update on the situation prior to Juve's 2-0 victory over Bologna in Serie A on Monday.
Barcelona and Juventus in talks
"We have spoken frequently with Barcelona, but at this moment all the teams are playing important games, so we preferred to bypass this period," Paratici told Sky Sport Italia.
"It's not about June 30, before or after, but about finding an agreement between the various parties, and both players have to be convinced. Therefore, it's not an issue about dates."
Arthur joined Spanish giants Barca from boyhood Brazilian club Gremio in 2018.
The 23-year-old, who impressed in his maiden campaign, has made 26 appearances and scored four goals in all competitions this season.
Juve's Pjanic – in Turin since leaving rivals Roma in 2016 – has featured in 35 matches in 2019-20.
Te recomendamos en English
- Coronavirus Coronavirus USA live updates: news, cases, deaths and stimulus checks, today
- Latest News What's happening between Fortnite, Apple and Google? Can I keep playing on my phone?
- Coronavirus Stimulus check: will I get another payment before 2021?
- BARCELONA 2-BAYERN 8 Bartomeu: We'll make decisions in the next few days; many had already been made
- Champions League "Shame": Pique says "I will be first to step aside" after humiliating Barcelona defeat
- MLS MLS commissioner supports players kneeling during the national anthem