Real Madrid: Ceballos extends loan as David Luiz signs new deal
Arsenal have tied four players down to new deals, with David Luiz, Dani Ceballos, Pablo Mari and Cedric Soares agreeing to stay on at the Emirates.
David Luiz has signed a new one-year contract with Arsenal, who have extended Dani Ceballos' loan from Real Madrid while also agreeing permanent deals with Pablo Mari and Cedric Soares.
A pre-season signing from Chelsea, David Luiz has endured mixed form with the Gunners and produced an error-strewn display in last Wednesday's loss to Manchester City before being sent off.
Despite that, technical director Edu described the experienced defender as a key player for the club, whose hopes of Champions League qualification suffered a further blow after Saturday's loss to Brighton and Hove Albion.
"David is a really important player for us," he told the club's official website. "He has played most of our matches this season and has been important for the team. His passing, his communication with the team on and off the pitch. He helps everyone."
Real Madrid loanee Ceballos to stay on at Arsenal
Spain international Ceballos joined Arsenal on a one-year loan deal last summer and has agreed to extend his stay for another season with his chances of breaking into a packed midfield at the Bernabéu remain slim. Zinedine Zidane has a raft of players out on loan with some expected to return at the end of the summer while the Frenchman is also keen on Paul Pogba and Rennes youngster Eduardo Camavinga.
Recommended in English
- US NEWS What has Biden said about Justice Breyer's replacement on the Supreme Court?
- SIGA SIGA Global Mentorship Program creating the next generation of female leaders
- NFL How many Super Bowls have the San Francisco 49ers won?
- NFL Chiefs fans donate $223K to Buffalo hospital to mark win vs Bills
- NBA Statue of Kobe and Gianna Bryant erected at crash site
- NBA Giannis admits Cavs deserves greater respect after Bucks win