Chelsea: Timo Werner's salary leaked
Roman Abramovich decided to fork out big money for Timo Werner with the hope that the striker will be a key investment for Frank Lampard's team.
Chelsea spent big on Timo Werner in the hope that the German striker provides a steady supply of goals for Frank Lampard's team over the next few years. On top of the 53 million euro transfer fee paid to RB Leipzig, effectively the player's retention clause, Chelsea have also to meet Werner's wages - 15.5 million euros for each of the next five seasons. Werner will be the best-paid player in the Chelsea squad, almost as much as the combined salaries of Kante and Kepa (both are on 8.7 million euros a year).
Leipzig make a profit on Werner
Then there is the signing-on fee, a one-off payment just for putting his signature on his new Chelsea contract. Leipzig meanwhile, stand to make a tidy profit on a player who they bought from Stuttgart for 14 million euros in 2016. Of the 39 million euro profit, 8.2 million will go directly to Stuttgart due to a clause concerning future sale and formation costs.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS $300 weekly unemployment benefits: situation in states across the US
- US ELECTIONS 2020 US Election 2020: how many people have voted so far vs 2016
- CORONAVIRUS USA coronavirus live: Trump, stimulus checks, Amy Barrett confirmed to Supreme Court, cases, deaths, updates today
- Champions League Borussia Monchengladbach - Real Madrid: preview, team news, predicted XIs
- B. MÖNCHENGLADBACH-REAL MADRID Zidane on Isco's complaints: "He wants to play"
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Olympique Marseille vs Manchester City: how and where to watch - times, TV, online