Chelsea: Timo Werner's salary leaked
Roman Abramovich decided to fork out big money for Timo Werner with the hope that the striker will be a key investment for Frank Lampard's team.
Chelsea spent big on Timo Werner in the hope that the German striker provides a steady supply of goals for Frank Lampard's team over the next few years. On top of the 53 million euro transfer fee paid to RB Leipzig, effectively the player's retention clause, Chelsea have also to meet Werner's wages - 15.5 million euros for each of the next five seasons. Werner will be the best-paid player in the Chelsea squad, almost as much as the combined salaries of Kante and Kepa (both are on 8.7 million euros a year).
Leipzig make a profit on Werner
Then there is the signing-on fee, a one-off payment just for putting his signature on his new Chelsea contract. Leipzig meanwhile, stand to make a tidy profit on a player who they bought from Stuttgart for 14 million euros in 2016. Of the 39 million euro profit, 8.2 million will go directly to Stuttgart due to a clause concerning future sale and formation costs.
Te recomendamos en English
- Serie A Mancini: Balotelli should be playing for Italy
- Football Covid-19: Raja announce four more players have recovered
- Barcelona Camp Nou candidate Font wants Guardiola and Messi reunion
- QATAR STARS LEAGUE Xavi's Al Sadd show attacking potency with 20 goals in five games
- BARCELONA Champions League: Barcelona "could have scored eight" against Juventus
- US NEWS US elections: What's Biden's plan to deal with coronavirus?