Barcelona: Arthur's mother responds to Setién criticism
The Brazilian was a point of discussion in the LaLiga press conference ahead of Barça's trip to Celta Vigo, and the family weren't happy with the comments.
"He is not the first player to arrive at a club with great enthusiasm and it doesn’t bear fruit. It happens to many teams and players." That was part of the words spoken by Barcelona manager Quique Setién when asked about Arthur at the latest pre-match press conference. And it didn’t go down well with the Brazilian’s mother.
Mother of Arthur not pleased with Setién
The player's mother, Lucia, replied to a tweet, making her views known about what she thought of Setien's words to the media: “My God, now they are starting to point to the player's defects."
Meu Deus,agora começaram até colocar defeitos no jogador— Luciadmello (@LuciaDMELLO) June 26, 2020
The Barça boss did say more about the midfielder, who many believe still has a lot to give. ”Maybe he lacked a little continuity. It is not easy to change things in a footballer that other coaches told him were very good. When they tell him it is very good to keep the ball and we come and we want to play two touches, it is difficult.
"Yes, it's possible he lacked some physicality, but he is on the right track,” the coach said.
The move to Serie A serial champions Juve is expected to be completed in the coming days.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Second stimulus check: will we one before 31 December?
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Ferencváros vs Barcelona: how and where to watch - times, TV, online
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Champions League: What Real Madrid need to qualify for last 16
- LIGA MX Jalisco governor confirms Chivas will host León behind closed doors
- Football Sundowns refuse Al-Ahly's offer for Sirino
- Ramos Sergio Ramos offers Conor McGregor a fight