Dortmund in 'close contact' with Madrid over Achraf amid Inter speculation
Inter are reportedly close to sealing the signing of Achraf Hakimi, but Borussia Dortmund do not appear to have given up yet.
Borussia Dortmund remain in "close contact" with Real Madrid regarding the future of on-loan wing-back Achraf Hakimi despite reports Inter are close to agreeing a fee with Los Blancos.
The Spain-born Morocco international has spent the past two seasons on loan at Bundesliga side Dortmund, particularly impressing this season when deployed as a right-sided wing-back.
Hakimi has a haul of five goals and 10 assists in the league this term, making him the most productive defender in the division from an attacking perspective.
Dortmund want Achraf to remain in Germany
Dortmund have not been shy about their desire to see Hakimi remain at Signal Iduna Park, with sporting director Michael Zorc saying he was hopeful of finding a "solution" on Thursday.
Media reports claiming Inter and Madrid are close to agreeing a deal worth an initial €40million have since intensified, but Dortmund do not appear to be accepting defeat just yet.
"We know what we can and cannot do in the Hakimi case," Zorc told Sport1. "We are in close contact with Real Madrid. He's still our player for a few days."
Dortmund are due to play their final match of the season at home to Hoffenheim on Saturday, with Hakimi potentially pulling on BVB's yellow and black jersey for the last time.
Te recomendamos en English
- EURO 2020 France national team squad: players, absences...
- EURO 2020 Denmark's Eriksen still in hospital, condition is stable
- EURO 2020 Germany national team squad: players, absences...
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Sergio Ramos, Florentino Pérez hold Valdebebas talks
- EURO 2020 England - Croatia live online: UEFA Euro 2020 | Group D
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: is it coming in June? Child tax payment, tax refund status, IRS offices...