Piqué posts cryptic tweet about Rafinha: "We were fated to pretend"
The Barcelona centre-back published a tweet in English, borrowing a line from a song by America group MGMT. Could he be referring to Rafinha?
Barcelona slipped up for the second time since the league restarted, dropping two points away at Celta Vigo on Saturday - a result which could seriously affect their chances of winning LaLiga. After the game in Balaídos, Gerard Piqué took no time to post a comment on social media. The Barcelona posted a simple tweet in English, borrowing a line from a song by US group, MGMT. "We were fated to pretend. To pretend".
We were fated to pretend. To pretend.— Gerard Piqué (@3gerardpique) June 27, 2020
Celta awarded a free-kick on 87 minutes
It seems that Piqué was referring to Rafinha's part in winning a free-kick awarded to Celta with three minutes of normal time remaining, from which Iago Aspas levelled the game. Piqué protested against the decision to award a free-kick, arguing that during his challenge for the ball there was no contact made with Rafinha, a former Barcelona player.
Piqué tweet goes viral
By early on Sunday morning, Piqué's tweet had already been retweeted 4.8 thousand times and given 22.5 thousand likes along with hundreds of comments and reactions - some followers included screen grabs of the incident which shows the defender's challenge on Rafinha in sequence.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS What will the new IRS income tax brackets be for 2021?
- Coronavirus stimulus checks IRS extends $500 stimulus check for kids deadline - when is the new date and how do you claim it?
- US ELECTIONS 2020 Who are the candidates for 2020 US Elections besides Trump and Biden?
- US ELECTIONS Will Amish people vote in the 2020 USA Elections?
- CORONAVIRUS USA coronavirus live online updates: cases, deaths, stimulus checks and latest news
- UNITED STATES USA elections 2020 live online updates: Trump - Biden, polls, stimulus checks, latest news