Konrad de la Fuente renews with FC Barcelona until 2022
The U.S.striker will be with Football Club Barcelona for two more seasons and his buy out clause will be 100 million euros if he makes it to the first team.
On Sunday it was confirmed that Konrad de la Fuente signed a contract extension with F.C. Barcelona. The United States striker will play two more seasons, with an option to a third one, in Catalunya and if he makes it to the first team his buy out clause will be 100 million euros.
With this contract extension de la Fuente will increase his chances of making his debut alongside Lionel Messi in the coming years. The Miami-born attacker decided to stay at Barcelona even though other first division clubs in Europe seemed to be interested in him.
De la Fuente is currently 18 years old and his buy out clause if he doesn’t debut with the first team is worth 50 million euro. Barcelona made his signing official with Eric Abidal by his side. They had to adhere by coronavirus safety guidelines but wanted to announce the news of the young American's renewal.
Very happy to sign a new contract at the best club in the world! Visca el Barça!!🔵🔴 pic.twitter.com/cV5xJ4DKMJ— Konrad De La Fuente (@konradjr) June 28, 2020
De la Fuente said he is happy with his new contract
After the event of his signing the U.S. striker seemed to be happy with his decision and his dream is to make his professional debut with one of the biggest clubs in Europe, “I am very happy to keep playing for the best team in my opinion in the world. It has always been a dream of mine to play for the first team and I decided to stay to fulfill my dream.”
Te recomendamos en English
- INTERNATIONAL WOMEN'S DAY International Women's Day: meaning, origin and why it's celebrated today
- FOOTBALL Mourinho: Bale over psychological scars of past injuries
- IWD2021 What is the International Women’s Day 2021 theme?
- NBA ALL-STAR 2021 Giannis wasn't focused on perfect performance after MVP display inspires Team LeBron
- NBA ALL-STAR 2021 LeBron 'in awe' of Antetokounmpo and Curry
- US NEWS Third stimulus check updates today: who gets the payment, how much, who qualifies, IRS tax | Live