Liverpool: Klopp explains Covid-19 transfer implications
Covid has influenced both sides with ins and outs," says Reds' boss Jürgen Klopp with expectations being set of a quiet transfer window ahead.
Jürgen Klopp admitted it is likely to be a quiet transfer window for Liverpool, but the manager said he never expected otherwise.
Premier League, European and World Champions consider squad
Liverpool claimed their first league title since 1990 this season and have won 28 of 31 Premier League games during what has been a dominant campaign.
Still, Liverpool have been linked with moves for the likes of Borussia Dortmund star Jadon Sancho, Bayer Leverkusen's Kai Havertz and Bayern Munich midfielder Thiago Alcantara.
But Klopp said it would be a quiet window for Liverpool, with the coronavirus pandemic also impacting finances across the football world.
"It is about how influential the coronavirus crisis would be on all financial parts of life. It's not only football, we all will pay a bill in the end," he said.
"Nobody knows exactly how big the bill will be. Hopefully it is over soon but we should not start taking for granted it all will be fine.
"We cannot spend millions and millions and millions because we want to or we think it is nice to do. We never wanted that. [The reality is] Covid has influenced both sides with ins and outs. It's not likely that it will be the most busy summer in the world."
Liverpool hold a 23-point lead atop the Premier League, a season after winning the Champions League.
Klopp, whose side visit Manchester City on Thursday, believes he has a strong squad at his disposal.
He said: "It is not a squad you have to change now and say, 'OK, we need this position and this position.'
"We don't have a first XI, I say we have a first 16 or 17, they can all play to the same level. But we have to use this, 100 per cent."
Te recomendamos en English
- 2021 TAX FILING How to check your adjusted gross income for tax filing and the third stimulus check
- PREMIER LEAGUE Chelsea defeat "a massive blow" to Liverpool's Champions League hopes, admits Klopp
- Borussia Dortmund - Bayern Munich Klassiker: Haaland a pretender to Lewandowski's throne?
- Copa del Rey Athletic Bilbao could win Copa del Rey twice in two weeks
- PSG Neymar: PSG face Lille issue over international fixtures
- NFL Broncos want to bring back Von Miller – George Paton