Rummenigge: Timing has never been right for Bayern to target Klopp
Karl-Heinz Rummenigge says Jurgen Klopp has always been under contract when Bayern Munich have been looking for a new head coach.
Karl-Heinz Rummenigge says the timing has never been right for Bayern Munich to make a move for Jurgen Klopp.
Bayern chief executive Rummenigge has spoken of his admiration for the charismatic 53-year-old, who the Bundesliga champions did battle with many times during his tenure as Borussia Dortmund boss.
He told Sport Bild: "I bow and say: Congratulations to Liverpool!
"Jurgen Klopp is a great coach and a very respectful person, he does not put himself above of others or talk about what a great guy he is. He is, but he does not emphasise it."
Rummenigge suggested Klopp may well have been in charge of Bayern if he was not under contract when the Bavarian giants have been in the market for a new head coach.
He added: "Whenever we've been looking for a coach, Jurgen was always under contract.
"But let's not forget that we have been blessed with other top coaches in recent years: Jupp Heynckes, Pep Guardiola, Louis van Gaal and now also Hansi Flick.
"When you're looking for a coach, the timing must be right."
Klopp is contracted to Liverpool until 2024, while Bayern head coach Flick signed a deal until 2023 after a hugely successful interim spell in charge.
Te recomendamos en English
- FIFA No harm, no foul between Mexico and Honduras after the 90 minutes.
- COPA AMERICA Brazil vs Venezuela: covid-19 chaos as La Vinotinto face up to tall task
- US News Unemployment benefits: How many fraudulent claims were made and how much money was stolen?
- E3 2021 PC Gaming Show at E3 2021: times, stream and how to watch
- E3 2021 Square Enix conference at E3 2021: times, stream and how to watch
- E3 2021 Microsoft Xbox + Bethesda conference at E3 2021: times, stream online and how to watch