Rummenigge: Timing has never been right for Bayern to target Klopp
Karl-Heinz Rummenigge says Jurgen Klopp has always been under contract when Bayern Munich have been looking for a new head coach.
Karl-Heinz Rummenigge says the timing has never been right for Bayern Munich to make a move for Jurgen Klopp.
Bayern chief executive Rummenigge has spoken of his admiration for the charismatic 53-year-old, who the Bundesliga champions did battle with many times during his tenure as Borussia Dortmund boss.
He told Sport Bild: "I bow and say: Congratulations to Liverpool!
"Jurgen Klopp is a great coach and a very respectful person, he does not put himself above of others or talk about what a great guy he is. He is, but he does not emphasise it."
Rummenigge suggested Klopp may well have been in charge of Bayern if he was not under contract when the Bavarian giants have been in the market for a new head coach.
He added: "Whenever we've been looking for a coach, Jurgen was always under contract.
"But let's not forget that we have been blessed with other top coaches in recent years: Jupp Heynckes, Pep Guardiola, Louis van Gaal and now also Hansi Flick.
"When you're looking for a coach, the timing must be right."
Klopp is contracted to Liverpool until 2024, while Bayern head coach Flick signed a deal until 2023 after a hugely successful interim spell in charge.
Te recomendamos en English
- UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS Will unemployment benefits be extended after May unemployment rates?
- NBA PLAYOFFS Clippers' Chris Paul allowed back for Game 3 after covid issue
- US NEWS What's the Blue Alert? why was it activated in Florida?
- BOXING Who is fighting in Tyson Fury vs Deontay Wilder undercard?
- US NEWS $500 tax rebates: which New Jersey residents will receive the money?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Fourth Stimulus Check: Why is another payment not included in the bipartisan infrastructure bill?