Newell's vice-president doesn't rule out Messi move
The vice-president of Newell's, Cristian D'Amico, spoke to TNT Sports about the possible return of Lionel Messi and says he has not ruled it out.
The vice-president of Newell's Old Boys,Cristian D'Amico, said it's not impossible that Messi moves back to the Argentinian club while speaking to TNT Sports.
"I don't know if it's impossible," he said. "It's a decision exclusively made by him and his family. We have to have the best possible context to help make a decision. When Maradona came to Newell's, nobody thought that he would come either. I hope to to do something similar with Leo."
"Obviously, that's not to be selling smoke," he continued. "It's a difficult topic. What Newell's fan would not dream to see the best player in the world with the jersey of their team on? Time might allow such things, you have to be calm."
Maxi Rodríguez, the current Newell's player, also weighed in. "I hope he comes here," he said. For the fans, it would be a dream. There is a family involved and that can sometimes complicate things. But if he comes here, it will have to be soon or I won't be able to play with him."
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID James won't play for Real Madrid again and is looking for a new club
- Fred issues Man Utd Europa League warning
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Champions League in Opta stats: Man City vs Real Madrid, Juventus vs Lyon
- CORONAVIRUS USA Second stimulus check: is a deal possible if not settled by Friday?
- STIMULUS CHECKS Second stimulus check: what is the bonus for Social Security retirees?
- MANCHESTER CITY-REAL MADRID | ZIDANE "Gareth Bale preferred not to play" - Zidane