Umtiti: Barcelona defender suffers fresh injury setback
Barcelona say Samuel Umtiti is to have "conservative treatment" on his left knee, but have not stated how long he may be out of action.
Defender Samuel Umtiti has suffered another knee injury, Barcelona have announced.
The centre-back has been blighted by persistent knee problems over the past couple of years and is back on the sidelines.
Exact extent of Umtiti knee injury not revealed by Barcelona
Barça did not reveal the extent of the damage Umtiti has sustained on Friday, but he is set to miss the clash with Villarreal in LaLiga on Sunday.
A statement from the Catalan giants said: "The first team player Samuel Umtiti has a problem with his left knee and will undergo conservative treatment.
"The player is not available and his recovery will dictate when he can return."
Umtiti was an unused substitute in Barça's 2-2 draw with Atlético Madrid on Tuesday, having been handed a start at Celta Vigo on Saturday.
Barcelona four points off LaLiga leaders Real Madrid
Real Madrid's 1-0 win over Getafe on Thursday left Quique Setién's second-placed side trailing LaLiga's leaders by four points with five games to play.
Te recomendamos en English
- Coronavirus Coronavirus USA live updates: news, cases, deaths and stimulus checks, today
- Latest News What's happening between Fortnite, Apple and Google? Can I keep playing on my phone?
- Coronavirus Stimulus check: will I get another payment before 2021?
- BARCELONA 2-BAYERN 8 Bartomeu: We'll make decisions in the next few days; many had already been made
- Champions League "Shame": Pique says "I will be first to step aside" after humiliating Barcelona defeat
- MLS MLS commissioner supports players kneeling during the national anthem