Sané takes Coutinho's number 10 shirt at Bayern
Philippe Coutinho has not left Bayern Munich yet but has seen his squad number given to new signing Leroy Sane.
Leroy Sané will wear the number 10 shirt belonging to Philippe Coutinho when he plays for Bayern Munich next season.
Bayern completed the signing of Sané from Manchester City in a deal worth €60million on Friday, the Germany international putting pen to paper on a five-year contract.
When he is eligible to feature in 2020-21, Sané will occupy the number worn by Coutinho during his season-long loan from Barcelona.
Waiting on number 10
However, while advertising replica 'Sane 10' shirts for sale in their official club store, Bayern said: "Out of respect for Philippe Coutinho, who is the current number 10 and could play in the upcoming DFB-Pokal final in Berlin and any games in the Champions League in August, Sané decided not to use the number in his photos on Thursday."
The decision appears to suggest Coutinho is unlikely to remain at Bayern for the long term.
The Brazil international has been linked with a host of clubs across Europe after the Bundesliga champions let their option to sign him permanently expire.
Bayern chairman Karl-Heinz Rummenigge has not ruled out moving again for Coutinho entirely, saying: "We'll see if he still has a role to play with us or not."
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus USA live updates: cases, deaths and stimulus checks, latest news
- US NEWS US Election 2020: How can I get absentee ballot to vote?
- ATLÉTICO MADRID Luis Suárez swaps Barcelona for LaLiga rivals Atlético Madrid
- BARCELONA Sergiño Dest is the second most expensive American transfer in history
- PREMIER LEAGUE Liverpool keen on signing 17-year-old sensation Gio Reyna
- FOOTBALL Ryan Reynolds and Rob McElhenney make Wrexham bid