Real Madrid troll Barcelona about four-point lead
Madrid strengthened their lead at the top of LaLiga where they sit on 74 points - four ahead of nearest rivals Barcelona on 70 - which they were quick to point out...
Real Madrid were clearly thrilled with last night's result in Valdebebas - one which allowed them to extend their lead at the top of the table (Zizou's team are on 74 points, Barcelona lie second on 70). Madrid's happiness is understandable if we remember that just before LaLiga was put on hold for the coronavirus crisis, the team had slipped to second place, trailing Barça by two points after the Week 27 defeat to Betis at the Benito Villamarín on 8 March.
Madrid, four points clear with five games left to play
But after watching Barcelona draw 2-2 with Atleti on Tuesday, then seeing how their team were made to suffer by Bordalás' Getafe last night, Real Madrid's social media department reacted with humour and relief. The club's official Spanish Twitter account posted a photo of a jubilant Sergio Ramos, leaping after concerting his spot-kick and pointing to the number 4 on the back of his shirt, it was accompanied with the caption: “How many points have we got over the team in second, Sergio Ramos?”
As things stand, Barça are four points behind (plus they are at a disadvantage in the head-to-head standings). During the six hours after it was posted on Twitter, the tweet had gained over 20,000 likes and close to 4,500 retweets.
Te recomendamos en English
- US EMPLOYMENT BENEFITS $400 employment benefit: how long will it last?
- Coronavirus Putin says Russia has created first Covid-19 vaccine
- US UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFIT $400 unemployment benefits: can I work and get the extra money?
- Coronavirus USA Stimulus check: Mnuchin says an agreement could happen this week
- USA protests Police shooting leads to looting, arrests in Chicago’s busiest shopping district
- BEIRUT EXPLOSION Beirut explosion: protests, riots and latest news live from Lebanon today