Rummenigge confirms Thiago Alcántara will leave Bayern Munich
Bayern Munich's CEO told Bild that the Spanish midfielder will be moving on. He added that the club has not been in contact with Liverpool, at least for now...
Thiago's situation at Bayern Munich seems to be coming to an end. At least now we know that he will be leaving the club - Karl-Heinz Rummenigge confirmed that the player will be moving on to Bild: "Thiago is a great guy, on and off the pitch. We were negotiating seriously with him and we complied with everything he asked, but it seems that he is looking to do something new in the final part of his career," Rummenigge explained.
Bayern don't want to let Thiago leave on a free
Thiago will be out of contract at the end of next season and many observers have stated that he won't continue at Bayern. Rummenigge has confirmed the rumours: "We don't want to lose a player on a free transfer next year - I will be very clear about that," he added.
As for where Thiago might end up - one of the possible destinations is Premier League champions Liverpool. Rummenigge insists he knows nothing about Liverpool's supposed interest: "We haven't had any contact at all with Liverpool; whatever decision the player takes, we'll have to deal with it when the moment comes".
Te recomendamos en English
- Juventus Cristiano Ronaldo's mother urges Juve forward to join Sporting
- PREMIER LEAGUE Man City: Guardiola enjoys title taste again as he hails club's "massive" success
- Neymar: I want to play with Cristiano Ronaldo
- Buffon weighing up offers ahead of Juve exit but could retire
- World News Eid Mubarak: What does it mean and how to wish Muslims well to celebrate the end of Ramadan?
- Third Stimulus Check: with the ninth batch sent, how many are left?