Setién names Barcelona squad for must-win game vs. Villarreal
A defeat to Villarreal on Sunday could possibly see the end to the Cantabrian's tenure on the FC Barcelona bench as he calls up eight 'Barça B' players for the game.
Quique Setién needs a big performance and ultimately three points from his FC Barcelona side as they travel to Vila-Real to face one of the in-form sides in LaLiga since the resumption of action following the enforced hiatus due top the Covid-19 pandemic.
The coach will have to do without both the injured Frenkie de Jong and Samuel Umtiti slong with the ongoing absence of Ousmane Dembélé with the rest of his 16 first team players making the trip.
To compliment the squad the coach has called up eight Barcelona B players with Riqui Puig having started and impressed in the past two games against Celta and Atlético.
Setien has four players who are one yellow card away from suspension and a card for Luis Suárez, Arturo Vidal, Junior Firpo or Rakitic in tomorrow's game would seem them ruled out of the derby against Espanyol.
The full squad for the Villarreal clash is: Ter Stegen, Neto, Semedo, Sergi Roberto, Piqué, Alba, Lenglet, Junior, Sergio Busquets, Vidal, Rakitic, Arthur, Braithwaite, Griezmann, Suárez, Messi, Fati, Riqui Puig, Araujo, Collado, Peña, Cuenca, Morer and Monchu.
Te recomendamos en English
- US News Unemployment benefits: can you keep the payments if you go back to work?
- US News Which states have abolished federal unemployment benefits and why?
- EURO 2020 Ronaldo's gesture wipes $3.5bn off Coca-Cola's market value
- US NEWS Why is Juneteenth being considered a national holiday?
- CORONAVIRUS VACCINE California Vaccine Lottery: from which counties were the 15 June winners and how much did they win?
- CORONAVIRUS VACCINE Novavax covid-19 vaccine: How effective is it and who will get it?