Lautaro Martínez has shown no desire to leave Inter Milan, says Marotta
Inter Milan have doubled down on their desire to keep hold of forward Lautaro Martínez, who continues to be linked with Barcelona.
Inter Milan CEO Giuseppe Marotta insists Lautaro Martínez has "not shown the slightest desire to leave" amid continued speculation Barcelona are interested in the Argentina international. Martínez, who missed a penalty in Inter's 2-1 Serie A defeat to Bologna on Sunday, has been strongly tipped to make a move to Camp Nou at the end of the 2019-20 season. Marotta was again asked about the forward prior to the defeat at San Siro and he reiterated Inter's desire to hold on to the 22-year-old.
"Lautaro has not shown the slightest desire to leave," Marotta told DAZN. "Aside from dates and deadlines, the clearest situation is that Inter do not want to sell their champions or interesting young talents. If the player were to ask to leave, we would evaluate that together, but so far, that request has not arrived. I believe that, being a young player, it can boost his career to continue playing for a while longer at Inter. Being an Inter player means being part of a big club and that ought to be reason enough for him to feel proud."
No contact for Chelsea's Emerson Palmieri
Marotta also dismissed rumours Inter have lodged a bid for Chelsea left-back Emerson Palmieri. "I understand the many questions about transfer speculation, but I can say we have not had any contact or opened any negotiation for Emerson Palmieri. We are making evaluations for next season, but the most important issue remains this current campaign."
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS $1,400 third stimulus check live updates today: Biden executive order, when to expect and who will get it
- UFC UFC 257 Poirier vs McGregor: how & where to watch - times, TV, online
- PREMIER LEAGUE De Bruyne injured: how will Manchester City cope without star?
- Football AS chooses its Legends XI: The greatest soccer team ever
- BARCELONA Barcelona: Koeman concerned about fatigue, fixtures and injuries
- SERIE A Fernando Llorente close to making Udinese move